Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ash Wednesday

This morning I woke up at 5:30am, well yesterday morning now; got ready and made it just in time as mass was going to start.
Wow! I got the weirdest looks all day during classes. It amazes me that once people are out on their own how rare it is for someone to stick with their religious beliefs. I mean I am not an every Sunday church goer, but I try to go when I can and today was an important day for me to go. The Lent season is such a special time today and this reminds me why; "Turn away from Sin and be faithful to the Gospel."
On the way to lunch I had a guy stop me to ask where he could go get ashes and then while in line I started a conversation with total strangers about Ash Wednesday, what Lent meant for me, the sacrifice I was planning to make and talked with them about their Lent goals. It was a neat moment.

"Remember-that you are dust and to dust you shall return."

Night Night time. Class at 8am and then work until 8pm-BLAH!

No comments: